Q1. Which is the highest peak of peninsular India?
(A) Dodabeta (B) Anai Mudi (C) Mt Abu (D) Chikalda
- Anaimudi (the highest point in South India) is located in the Western Ghats range, it rises to 8,842 feet (2,695 metres).
Highest peak of Eastern Ghats is Mahendragiri.
Highest peak of Nilgiris is Dodabeta.
Q2. Which of the following is the source of the Damodar river?
(A) Panchet hill (B) Joranda falls (C) Rajmahal hill (D) Rajrappa falls
- In Chotanagpur Plateau.
- Length – 541 km
Q3. Which one of the following is the longest glacier of India?
(A) Siachen (B) Zemu (C)Kolhai (D) Pindari
- Located in the eastern Karakoram range in the Himalayas, where the LOC between India and Pakistan ends. —Wikipedia
Q4. The height of the peak of the world is
(A) 8,848m (B) 8,567m (C) 8,150m (D) 7,990m
Q5. What is “swatch of no ground”?
(A) An island (B) A Sub-marine canyon (C) A volcano (D) A hanging valley
- It is a marine valley or canyon that is situated on the south of the Ganges- Brahmaputra Delta.
Q6. Monazite is found in the coastal sands of
(A) Malabar Coast (B) Ratnagiri Coast (C) Coromandal Coast (D) Chandipur Coast
- Malabar Coast is situated in Kerala.
Q7. The southernmost point India is
(A) Kanniyakumari (B) Indira Point (C) Dhanushkodi (D) New Moore Island
- Indira Point is also called Pygmalion Point, a village in Andaman & Nicobar islands.
Q8. The source of the Jaldhaka river is
(A) Bidang lake (B) Chomalhari Peak (C) Zemu Glacier (D) Jelap La
- Jaldhaka river originated from Bidang Lake, on the border of Sikkim and Bhutan. It ended in Jamuna river in Bangladesh.
Q9. The population of a Megalopolis is at least
(A) 1,00,000 (B) 10,00,000 (C) 50,00,000 (D) 1,00,00,000
- City – 1,00,000.
- Metropolis – 10,00,000.
Q10. ‘Canada Dam’ is on the
(A) Damodar (B) Kasai (C)Baitarani (D) Mayurakshi
- Canada Dam is also called Massanjore Dam, in Jharkhand.
Q11. Which of the following States grows sugarcane as a major crop?
(A) Bihar (B) Rajasthan (C) Uttar Pradesh (D) Punjab
Q12. Which is the first linguistic State of India?
(A) West Bengal (B) Andhra Pradesh (C) Tamil Nadu (D) Punjab
Q13. NH 34 connects
(A) Kolkata with Asansol (B) Kolkata with Jhargram (C) Kolkata with Siliguri (D) Kolkata with Bangaon
Q14. On which river-bank Kota is located?
(A) Sone (B) Yamuna (C) Chambal (D) Luni
Q15. The National Remote Sensing Agency is located at
(A) Dehradun (B) Kolkata (C) Chennai (D) Hyderabad
- In Telengana.
Q16. The literacy rate of India in 2001 was
(A) 54.4% (B) 65.4% (C) 70.4% (D) 74.4%
Q17. The total population of West Bengal during 2001 was
(A) 80 million (B) 90 million (C) 100 million (D) 110 million
Q18. Which State of India records the highest per-capita income?
(A) Punjab (B) Maharashtra (C)Goa (D) Delhi
Q19. The coal production of India during 2001-2002 was
(A) 317 million tonnes (B) 300 million tonnes (C) 275 million tonnes (D) 267 million tones
Q20. India has the largest volume of export trade with
(A) America (B) Britain (C) France (D) Japan